Descendants of Rev. James Ward Jr.
Generation No. 1
1. REV. JAMES WARD JR was born November 15, 1826 in Cherokee Nation East, GA, and died September 02, 1862, Murdered by Indians. He married ESTHER SUSAN HOYT February 09, 1854, daughter of DR. HOYT and LYDIA LOWERY.
Children of REV. JAMES WARD JR. and ESTHER SUSAN H0YT are:
2. i. DARIUS EDWIN WARD, b. November 23, 1854, Lowrey, Indian Territory , OK; d. June 22, 1930, Collinsville, Tulsa Co.
3. ii. LYDIA ANN WARD, b. August 01, 1856; d. July 26, 1882.
iii. CLARA ALICE WARD, b. September 14, 1859, New Springplace, Cherokee Nation; d. January 14, 1946.
4. iv. HENRY JULIUS WARD, b. May 12, 1862, New Spring Place, Cherokee Nation; d. November 24, 1933, Enid, OK.
5. v. WILLIAM WIRT WARD, b. May 12, 1862, OK.
Generation No. 2
2. DARIUS EDWIN WARD was born November 23, 1854 in Lowrey, Indian Territory , OK , and died June 22, 1930 in Collinsville , Tulsa Co. He married (1) SARAH CAROLINE RITTER November 20, 1875 in Bethlehem, PA, daughter of JOHN RITTER and HANNAH . He married (2) MARY HESTER MURPHY August 09, 1897 in Davidson Co., TN, daughter of ABRAHAM HESTER and NANCY SMITH .
Children of DARIUS WARD and SARAH RITTER are:
6. i. MINNIE ESTER WARD, b. September 02, 1876, OK.
7. ii. JAY HERBERT WARD, b. February 10, 1879, OK.
8. iii. JAMES DARIUS WARD, b. October 20, 1880, OK.
iv. LESLIE O. WARD, b. Abt. 1882; d. Age 4.
v. CLARA E. WARD, b. Abt. 1884; d. age7 months.
vi. HINMAN HOYT WARD, b. December 14, 1885; d. June 13, 1906.
vii. SYDNEY RUEDE WARD, b. January 19, 1888; d. 1912.
9. viii. GERTRUDE IRENE WARD, b. July 31, 1889, OK.
ix. ROBERT LEE WARD, b. Abt. 1891; d. in infancy.
10. x. RUTH EDNA WARD, b. June 22, 1893, OK; d. May 1979, Springfield , MO.
11. xi. SARAH RUBY WARD, b. February 03, 1896, Muskogee , OK ; d. October 10, 1973, Campbell , CA .
Children of DARIUS WARD and MARY MURPHY are:
12. xii. MARTHA ANNIE WARD, b. November 14, 1898, OK.
xiii. REBECCA L. WARD, b. 1901; d. 1903.
More About DARIUS EDWIN WARD: Education: Nazareth Hal, Northhampton Co., PA.; 3/32 Cherokee, Clan Paint (Wurteh), Religion: Moravian Church
3. LYDIA ANN WARD was born August 01, 1856, and died July 26, 1882. She married WILLIAM CLIFFORD CHAMBERLAIN, SR. September 10, 1875 in Vinita, son of AMORY CHAMBERLAIN and DOLLIE HOYT.
Children of LYDIA WARD and WILLIAM CHAMBERLAIN are:
i. FLORA HOYT CHAMBERLAIN, b. March 06, 1877; d. August 13, 1896.
ii. EDITH URSA CHAMBERLAIN, b. Abt. 1880; d. in infancy.
iii. CLARA EMILY CHAMBERLAIN, b. August 02, 1881; m. H. ALVIS CARDWELL, Maypearl , Texas.
4. HENRY JULIUS WARD was born May 12, 1862 in New Spring Place , Cherokee Nation, and died November 24, 1933 in Enid , OK. He married (1) EVA LAMBERT. He married (2) EMMA JOSEPHINE LUCKENBACH May 05, 1885 in St. Thomas, Danish West India Islands, daughter of THOMAS LUCKENBACH and JOSEPHINE.
Children of HENRY WARD and EMMA LUCKENBACH are:
i. SAMUEL J. WARD, b. May 06, 1886, West Indies.
ii. ETHEL M. WARD, b. March 19, 1892, Pennsylvania.
5. WILLIAM WIRT WARD was born May 12, 1862 in OK. He married ROXANNA STERNER July 30, 1885.
Children of WILLIAM WARD and ROXANNA STERNER are:
i. HENRY HERMAN WARD, b. May 03, 1886.
ii. WILLIE WARD.
iii. CLARENCE WARD, b. Abt. 1888.
iv. MINNIE B. WARD, b. 1890.
v. WALTER M. WARD, b. 1892.
vi. MINERVA WARD , b. 1894.
vii. TENNIE WARD, b. 1896.
viii. EFFIE E. WARD, b. 1897.
Generation No. 3
6. MINNIE ESTER WARD was born September 02, 1876 in OK. She married BOONE FOREST GRAY May 22, 1895.
Children of MINNIE WARD and BOONE GRAY are:
i. BARTO GRAY, b. April 17, 1898; d. January 1971, Collinsville.
ii. CLARA LUCILLE GRAY, b. May 09, 1903, OK.
iii. SONORA IRENE GRAY, b. August 04, 1906, OK.
7. JAY HERBERT was born February 10, 1879 in OK. He married HETTIE FOWLER .
Children of JAY WARD and HETTIE FOWLER are:
13. i. GEORGE HERBERT WARD, b. October 14, 1904, OK.
ii. CLARA DOTT WARD, b. September 28, 1906, OK.
iii. BLANCHE J. WARD, b. March 06, 1908, OK.
iv. ESTHER V. WARD, b. April 11, 1911, OK.
v. VIOLET MARGARETTE WARD, b. March 02, 1913, OK.
8. JAMES DARIUS WARD was born October 20, 1880 in OK. was born October 20, 1880 in OK, and died September 11, 1941 in Amarillo, Texas. He married (1) EVA GRACE HILL. She was born 1887 in Kansas, and died 1910. He married (2) SADIE TURK. She was born 1887 in Kansas, and died 1977.
Children of JAMES WARD and EVA GRACE HILL are:
i. DORTHA LUDEMA 7 WARD, b. February 14, 1905, OK.
ii. FLORENCE OMA WARD, b. 1908, Oklahoma, d. 2001, OK
Children of JAMES WARD and SADIE TURK are:
iv. JAMES CORNELIUS WARD, b. 1912, OK., d. 1889
v. BERNARD WARD, b. 1913, OK., d. 1956
vi. EVA JEAN WARD, b. 1918, OK.
9. GERTRUDE IRENE WARD was born July 31, 1889 in OK. She married CLAUDE M. JOHNSON.
Children of GERTRUDE WARD and CLAUDE JOHNSON are:
i. ROSS MAYES JOHNSON.
ii. RUTH ILLA JOHNSON, b. August 29, 1908.
iii. NINA MARIE JOHNSON, b. October 14, 1913.
10. RUTH EDNA WARD was born June 22, 1893 in OK, and died May 1979 in Springfield , MO. She married HARRY L. GHAN.
Children of RUTH WARD and HARRY GHAN are:
i. HAROLD F. GHAN, b. June 20, 1911, OK.
ii. JAMES H. GHAN, b. July 23, 1913, CA.
iii. HELEN J. G HAN, b. 1916, OK.
iv. CLARA W. GHAN, b. 1918, OK.
11. SARAH RUBY WARD was born February 03, 1896 in Muskogee, OK, and died October 10, 1973 in Campbell , CA She married (1) OMAR RAYMOND BROWN July 1913 in Topeka , KS, son of JACOB BROWN and ALMA DESTRIBUE. She married (2) WILLIS VERNON CLEM in 1925. He was born March 21, 1881 in Chillicothe, MI, and died January 21, 1970 in Oklahoma. She married (3) JAMES WILEY WOOD October 08, 1930 in Arkansas. He was born 1889 in Texas, and died June 26, 1968. She married (4) JOHN ROLIN CHAMBERLAIN in 1960, son of EDWARD CHAMBERLAIN and SARAH NAZWORTHY. He was born March 16, 1893 in Vinita, OK, and died October 03, 1977 in Hayward, CA. Sarah was raised by her Uncle Henry Julian Ward since she was 3 wks. old.
Children of SARAH WARD and OMAR BROWN are:
14. i. RUBY CATHERINE BROWN, b. October 09, 1914, Muskogee, OK; d. December 30, 1970, Santa Clara Co., Ca.
ii. CHARLOTTE ALMA BROWN, b. January 17, 1916, Muskogee, OK; m. (1) CLIFFORD LEE MAYNARD; m. (2) MR. SHOOK.
iii. CAROLYN SUE BROWN, b. November 28, 1924, Muskogee, OK; m. (1) FRANK LAYMAN, (LAYMON); m. (2) MR. SCHUBACK:, m. (3) MR. ECKLEY.
Children of SARAH WARD and WILLIS CLEM are:
iv. WILLIS VERNON CLEM, b. August 09, 1926; d. April 07, 1998, Placer Co., Ca.
v. EDWIN CLEM, b. 1929, Oklahoma.
Children of SARAH WARD and JAMES WOOD are:
vi. ALBERT WOOD, b. May 19, 1931, Oklahoma; d. November 05, 2008, Merced Co., Ca.
vii. SAMUEL DARIUS WOOD, b. October 17, 1934, Muskogee, Oklahoma; d. June 04, 2005, Lathrop, San Joaquin, California; m. PRISCILLA LANE POSS , 1956, Santa Clara Co., Ca; b. March 02, 1940, Washington
More About OMAR RAYMOND BROWN: Census: 1910, his name listed as Homer
12. MARTHA ANNIE WARD was born November 14, 1898 in OK. She married JOHN B. HARTNESS.
Children of MARTHA WARD and JOHN HARTNESS are:
i. HAYLE A. HARTNESS, b. 1915, OK.
ii. PAULINE C. HARTNESS, b. 1918, OK.
Generation No. 4
13. GEORGE HERBERT WARD was born October 14, 1904 in OK. He married LOUISE.
Children of GEORGE WARD and LOUISE are:
i. HERBERT D. WARD, b. 1925, OK.
ii. KENNETH R. WARD, b. 1928, OK.
14. RUBY CATHERINE BROWN (burial records) was born October 09, 1914 in Muskogee, OK, and died December 30, 1970 in Santa Clara Co., CA. She married (1) CLEO EDWARD MARSHALL September 09, 1933 in Enid, OK, son of GEORGE MARSHALL and MARTHA GROSS. She married (2) JOHN HUFF.
Children of RUBY BOWN and CLEO MARSHALL are:
i. MALE MARSHALL, b. July 09, 1934, Enid, Garfield Co., OK.
ii. DAVID CLEO MARSHALL, b. August 19, 1936, OK; d. August 12, 1982, San Jose , Ca.
iii. MALE MARSHALL, b. July 07, 1939, Fresno , Ca.
iv. MALE MARSHALL, b. January 03, 1944, San Jose , Ca.
v. DANIEL WILEY MARSHALL , b. August 25, 1946, San Jose, Ca; d. December 08, 2004, Santa Rosa, Ca.